Contractor – Sustainability Management System Introduction
At Sheppard Earthmoving, we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe work environment for everyone.
We are also required by law to take all necessary actions to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors. Therefore, before contractors do any work with Sheppard Earthmoving they must be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary processes, qualifications, competencies and insurances to provide the services we are engaging them to undertake, in a safe and environmentally responsible way and in accordance with legislative requirements.
We have developed this online Contractor – Sustainability Management System (C-SMS) to assist us in ensuring that only qualified and compliant contractors work on Sheppard Earthmoving job sites and that our contractors are provided with necessary information about Sheppard Earthmoving’s Sustainability Management System, including quality, environmental, health and safety (QEHS) responsibilities and requirements.
All contractors working with Sheppard Earthmoving are expected to comply with our policies, procedures and standards and to conduct their business dealings in an ethical manner. This includes standards for personal behaviour, security, privacy, equal opportunity, no harassment and bullying, theft, fraud and removal of property.
All site contractor employees (including sub-contractors) who are engaged by Sheppard Earthmoving are required to register as a new contractor via the Sheppard Earthmoving’s Contractor – Sustainability Management System (C-SMS). It is mandatory that all approved contractors read and understand the online induction before starting work. Note: It is the responsibility of the contractor company/principal contractor to ensure that all of their employees and/or subcontractors that will be working at a Sheppard Earthmoving job site have completed our online induction prior to commencing work and to manage to inductees as a contracting company.
The online induction is valid for a 12 month period, after which time re-induction is mandatory. A reminder email will be generated 30 days prior to expiry.
To complete the Contractor Online Induction, please follow the steps below:
- Register online following the steps outlined in the Sheppard Earthmoving’s Contractor Induction Process graphic. Note: You will be required to enter and upload copies of compliance documentation eg. insurances, licences and trade certificates during the registration process, so please have the details ready and prepare scanned copies of compliance documentation in PDF or JPG format.
- Following your successful online registration, Sheppard Earthmoving System Administrator will review the information/documentation submitted and approval will be granted if all requirements are met. You will be provided with access to the C-SMS.
- Log on with your username and password.
- Complete the online induction. It may take up to an hour to complete.
- Following the successful completion of your induction, confirm your understanding and the completion of all online induction requirements with your electronic signature.
- Undertake a site specific induction on the job site with a Sheppard Earthmoving Site Representative to understand unique site characteristics and quality, environmental, health and safety (QEHS) arrangements. Begin work in a safe and responsible manner.
Please Note: Contractors may also need to submit further information on their Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) Management Systems/Processes for review at a later date, depending on the type of work they will be doing on site.
If you have any questions about the C-SMS, please contact Sheppard Earthmoving’s System Administrator at Click here to email.
To view or download these documents you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer.